The argument can be made that nothing in history has changed American (and global) culture more quickly than social media. Close to 3,000,000,000 (3 billion) people use social media. This is why Duffy Marketing is a big believer in social media marketing for our clients.
Learning the value of social media
Right up front let’s talk about the age issue. Social media marketing can sometimes be a hard sell when compared to more traditional marketing campaigns like direct mail, newspapers, radio, and TV. Many, if not most, business owners or decision makers did not grow up with social media and may not be fully aware of the power it has in some of the key demographics.
Social media marketing isn’t just throwing a bunch of stuff on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and seeing what sticks. Like any other marketing campaign, the first thing to do is step back and look at the big picture. You need to have a strategy.
- What are the goals?
- For some businesses social media is used to increase brand awareness. Others use it as a tool to drive traffic to the company’s website. The various social media sites can also keep you in touch with customers.
- Which social media platforms to focus on?
- There are now almost too many social media outlets to keep track of. Duffy Marketing will help you sort through the analytic data to determine which ones best match your demographics. Facebook and Twitter are the established brands and will trend older. Instagram and the 2020 darling Tik Tok have younger followers. If you are just starting a social media marketing campaign, it’s best to pick just one or two platforms. The choices should be based on your target audience.
- What type of content do you want to share?
- One you choose your marketing platform(s) you can determine what content type best fits your target audience. Is it educational? Entertaining? Does it include images, videos, links or maybe all of the above? Duffy’s marketing services include creating a marketing identity to help you answer these questions.
Benefits of social media marketing
One way to think about social media marketing is word-of-mouth advertising on steroids. When your profile grows, conversations about your company and brand will also increase. People will leave comments on your social media posts, tag you in their own social media accounts, or message you directly. Monitoring social media conversations gives you a chance to learn about comments, positive and negative, nearly immediately. When your social media marketing budget allows, you can expand into social media advertising meaning you can reach users who aren’t following your accounts.
Let’s explore the social media world together
Whether you are a veteran or a newbie, Duffy Marketing is ready, willing, and able to guide your company through the social media marketing jungle. Soon you will be mastering the world of GIFs, emojis, and using SMH, BRB, LMAO, and other social media shorthand like a pro. Call today to make your appointment.